Physics professor Adam Burgasser and his team at UC San Diego’s Center for Astrophysics and Space Sciences played a contributing role in the discovery.
Jonathan Singer, one of the first members of the biology faculty at UC San Diego who helped build the campus into a world leader in molecular and cell biology, died on February 2 in La Jolla, CA. He was 92.
Sheldon “Shelly” Schultz, one of the founding members of the physics faculty at UC San Diego, who received world-wide acclaim for his contributions to the discovery of “metamaterials,” died on January 31 at his home in La Jolla, CA. He was 84.
- How 3D Printing Could One Day Save Lives
- UC San Diego’s Grad Programs Earn High Marks in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Guidebook Rankings
- The Operating Room of the Future
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
Forget white mice, cheese is the new lab rat.
As the number of women interested in majoring in physics increases, three new physics professors hope to open […]
How algae can revolutionize the world in food, water, energy, healthcare and, oh yeah, surfing.