Even at a young age, Kate Rubins’ passion for science gave her a drive and focus beyond her years, one that led her to UC San Diego before her trajectory would leave this planet.
When it comes to education and research at UC San Diego, our divisions of study are anything but divided.
Face it, Tritons—we’re different.
- Fantasy Writer George R.R. Martin Visits UC San Diego
- UC San Diego Researchers Selected for IBM Watson AI XPRIZE ® Competition
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
- WASHINGTON POST: Global ocean circulation more vulnerable to shutdown than thought
For Hillary Whittington, Marshall ’04, and Vivienne Ming,
Muir ’00, the road to self-discovery was marked by courage,
acceptance and the will to live an authentic life.
Michael Estrada ’79, would never have imagined himself shovel in hand, working with those half his age to help West Virginians in need.
Alumna Bobbi Gibb broke the Boston Marathon’s gender barrier in 1966.