A summer internship at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory may influence future development of wear resistant gears for spacecraft.
A half-century since its invention, the Breathalyzer remains the standard means of estimating blood alcohol content during traffic stops, even despite issues like inaccuracy and known subversion methods. UC San Diego is about to break through with a better alternative to the Breathalyzer—one that will take your breath away, entirely.
Medicine’s next frontier is a world unto its own — how the nanomedical revolution makes a universe of us all.
- UC San Diego Booming as Chancellor Khosla Finishes Fifth Year
- Fantasy Writer George R.R. Martin Visits UC San Diego
- UC San Diego Researchers Selected for IBM Watson AI XPRIZE ® Competition
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
Magnetic fields passed through the body could yield a lower power and more secure alternative to current Bluetooth wireless technology.