For incarcerated men at Donovan State Prison, art is catharsis. Hypermasculinity and prison go hand-in-hand, both insinuating the […]
From city council to the admiral’s seat, from genetic ingenuity to inventing the Dothraki language—and not to mention winning the Nobel Prize—this year’s alumni honorees are truly cause for celebration.
Civil War myth buster Victoria Bynum, M.A. ’79, Ph.D. ’87, will see her book on the big screen.
- UC San Diego Booming as Chancellor Khosla Finishes Fifth Year
- Fantasy Writer George R.R. Martin Visits UC San Diego
- UC San Diego Researchers Selected for IBM Watson AI XPRIZE ® Competition
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
Cyndi Jones, Revelle ’74, became a disability rights activist at the age of six. Since then, she’s published the voice of a population and inspired change from the White House to the Wheaties box.
Brookie Best, ’94, works to help HIV’s most vulnerable victims. HIV treatments have been remarkably effective over the […]
It’s time to stop obsessing over how many calories are in that single slice of pepperoni and sausage […]
Latino culture runs strong through the work of Paul S. Flores, ’95. But his latest performance shows just how deep it reaches.