Campus lauded for its academics, affordability and proximity to Black’s Beach
Each will receive $3 million award for research in life science or math.
The University of California San Diego has been named the nation’s 10th best public university for LGBTQ students, according to BestColleges.com.
- UC San Diego Booming as Chancellor Khosla Finishes Fifth Year
- Fantasy Writer George R.R. Martin Visits UC San Diego
- UC San Diego Researchers Selected for IBM Watson AI XPRIZE ® Competition
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
The campus was named the globe’s fourth best public college.
Charter school also named among the top five high schools in California.
“UC has produced so many forward-thinking, trailblazing women that it was hard to pick just 13,” President Napolitano.
The University is the first UC campus to receive this distinction for providing students with interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented skills to succeed in today’s complex world.