As a complement to our retrospective on 50 years of the student newspaper at UC San Diego, Triton collected conversations from three of the founders of the Triton Times, now known as The Guardian.
UC San Diego admitted a record 30,273 freshmen and 9,802 transfer
students this fall. Historically underrepresented students are up
46 percent among freshmen and 30 percent among transfers.
UC San Diego welcomed its most diverse incoming class with additional resources that support diversity, inclusivity and student success.
- UC San Diego Booming as Chancellor Khosla Finishes Fifth Year
- Fantasy Writer George R.R. Martin Visits UC San Diego
- UC San Diego Researchers Selected for IBM Watson AI XPRIZE ® Competition
- PC MAGAZINE: Human Hair Inspires Next-Gen Body Armor Materials
- SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE: UCSD helps lead ambitious study of 80 rare cancers
A total of 8,828 ballots were cast, with 6,137 in favor, 2,567 against.