Everyone has answers to the Triton 5. Send yours to email@example.com
01. What do you do? Together, we founded Neuro, a functional gum and mint brand with a mission to put health into people’s pockets. Instead of bulky supplements that sit in your medicine cabinet, we put them in gum and mint form, so you can get energy, clarity and focus
whenever and wherever.
02. Why do you do it? We realized that there wasn’t any product out there that helped maintain a balanced lifestyle in a healthy and effective way. We didn’t want to take mysterious supplements or energy drinks when studying, training or going out. Instead of something sugary, unhealthy or downright ineffective, we wanted something that could support our health and wellness, anytime and anywhere. We knew we weren’t alone in this sentiment so set out to make Neuro.
03. What have you done? When we met in college, we had a lot on our plates. Kent trained with the Japanese Olympic Judo team, painted as a muralist (see p.45), and competed internationally in Muay Thai. Ryan trained with the U.S. Paralympic team while holding a second degree black belt in Kendo. Pursuing degrees in neuroscience and economics, we wanted to find the right balance between work and life—a mantra we hold onto to this day.
04. What did you learn here? We found lifelong friendships at UCSD, and to us, everything we got beyond our degrees is what makes the university so special. Although it’s not known as a “party school,” the school promotes the best balance to let you indulge in everything you want to. From the beach to campus events to the education, it really felt like a perfect place.
05. What have you learned since? Life moves fast, and it’s worth enjoying every minute. Like all businesses, Neuro has gone through highs and lows, but we always followed our hearts in any decision we made. If you maintain that healthy mindset, everything is conquerable. Oh, and most importantly, our friendship always comes first. Always.